New York City
Director of Residential Development
A Real Estate Developer of ground up residential properties nationwide is looking for a Director of Residential Development.
- Responsibility to ensure that sophisticated project(s) are completed within established budget, scheduled milestones and quality standards.
- Negotiate with, and direct the work of architects, engineering consultants and construction contractors, other design and construction vendors, as well as sales and marketing team.
- Responsible for all aspects of the project and take a hands-on approach to anticipating and solving problems or recurring issues
- Ensure all necessary permits and government approvals are received on time.
- Handle contract administration and document management for all development initiatives.
- Provide continuous assessment of vendor and consultant performance and value.
- Negotiate and construction management agreement
- Participate in sub-contractor buyouts
- Drive contractor performance and adherence to contract documents.
- Prepare and monitor all releases of funds to consultants, contractors and vendors with Controller.
- Work with Controller to approve payables, prepare budgets and cash flows
- Coordinate monthly budget and variance analysis updates and review financial performance with Senior Management.
- Track all project costs, review consultant and contractor requests for payment and mitigate liabilities such as construction liens and insurance claims.
- Analyze project and construction schedules, with a focus on key milestone dates.
- Procurement of bond and insurance programs and risk management responsibility.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing and entire sales and marketing team.
- Participate in the process of sourcing new development/acquisition opportunities, and analyze same.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in real estate development.
- Architecture or Engineering Degree/Certificate a must
- Experience with or specific knowledge of project financing and financing requirements.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously without losing sight of project goals.
- Ability to review and understand architectural drawings and construction specifications.
- Strategic, creative thinker with a track record of using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to infuse the internal management process with new ideas as well as to support external efforts.
- Strong, effective interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Work independently, present recommendations and interact with the C.E.O. and Partners in the decision making process.
- Ability to work in entrepreneurial environment and to respond rapidly to changes in priorities.
- Well-organized; good and independent work ethic; good administrative skills; attention to detail.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.