The General Manager is responsible for providing functional leadership to a Class A property in Downtown DC. S/he will lead and manage the Property Management team with the goal of providing the highest quality service experience to establish and foster long-term customer relationships. S/he will work with key Senior Management stakeholders to develop and execute asset plans aligned with the overall investment strategy.
The successful candidate will bring a hospitality mindset, a wealth of operational and financial expertise and the ability to successfully lead a matrixed team.
Hospitality / Leadership:
- Lead the Property Management (PM) team to provide a best in class customer-focused experience throughout the property
- Develop and manage customer relationships including executive relations, lease renewals, hospitality, and traditional operations management
- Understand customer business needs and leverage our platform to solve their real estate challenges
- Oversee account management for prospective customers (asset space deliverables, review lease proposals, buildouts and space tours)
- Development and implementation of unique ZO. event programming with a focus on creating and maintaining a community atmosphere
- Accountable for driving overall amenity engagement
- Manage a cross-functional team to ensure all corporate objectives, policies and standards are met
- Develop team members through mentoring. Identify growth potential and set objectives to achieve career advancement
- Work with Asset Management to develop a comprehensive asset strategy inclusive of an annual operating budget and capital plan, and present to internal stakeholders and partners
- Oversee financial reporting for profit and loss variances, quarterly reforecasting, and investor reports
- Source and oversee management of third-party maintenance contractors to ensure compliance with contractual obligations
- Participate as a stakeholder in design development for construction of pre-built and landlord-built customer spaces
- Supervise all base building capital and major repair and maintenance projects; track and manage finances for projects
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role within real estate or the hotel industry
- Bachelor’s degree required. (with a focus on hospitality or real estate preferred)
- Financial management and business operations experience required
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skill set
- Ability to travel between floors and buildings in order to effectively communicate with the team and customers
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Experience managing a multi-layered team
- Takes initiative and is proactive leader always focused on continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Passion for working with people, creating amazing experiences, and leading with a hospitality mindset
- Eager to be a part of a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.