New York City
Sr. ‘Interiors’ Project Manager
A Midtown Manhattan based Design Build Firm, has an immediate opportunity for a Sr. ‘Interiors’ Project Manager. This innovative, design-oriented Company is looking to hire a bright energetic self-starter with 15+ years of High End Luxury ‘Interiors’ Residential & Retail experience.
- Should have strengths in design, construction administration, business communications and project management.
- Should have a broad range of computer skills – should be familiar with using programs specifically related to Design & Construction as well as be able or willing to use and develop progressive business managerial IT tools.
- High End Luxury Interiors experience a must
- Create & maintain construction project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
•Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project and scope.
•Review deliverables prepared by internal team members and contractors/consultants.
•Monitor construction project budget and timeline.
•Ensure construction project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
•Manage internal workflow spreadsheets, financial workbooks and purchase orders.
•Coordinate and conduct meetings including preparation of meeting minutes and distribution
•Participate in regular status meetings with project team, which includes the areas of building management, procurement, construction and finance.
•Effectively communicates timelines, budget issues and other relevant construction and planning project information to superiors.
•Resolves and/or escalates project issues in a timely fashion.
- Work with accounting to prepare detailed client billings, and approvals of invoices
- Create detailed proposals and contracts [including AIA form contracts]
•Manage day-to-day interaction and coordination with outside architects, engineers, expeditors and other project related vendors.
- Be familiar with NYC Bldg Code
- Prepare, issue to the appropriate sub, and see the completion of all project punch lists
- Supervise and assign all field personnel and insure their time gets charged to •proper job and project.
- Maintain accurate daily job log citing performance, trades and daily jobsite activity
- Work with architect of record, or in-house design team on Dept of Bldgs filing and sign offs
- Prepare, track and maintain project submittal logs and communicate with designers as needed.
Advanced degree preferred and/or PE license is a plus. The candidate should possess the following:
- Ability to read and interpret all construction and engineering documents
- Client facing, organized and effective communicator
- Demonstrated knowledge of local codes and regulations required
- Knowledgeable in ADA and OSHA requirements including site safety
- Strong communications and organizational skills. Ability to facilitate presentations and communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team member or leader
- Ability to organize, set priorities and motivate others
- General understanding of financial models and using database information as an efficient management tool
- Working knowledge of MEP systems, sprinklers and fire alarms
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a variety of multiple tasks/situations with both creativity and resourcefulness
- Proficiency with computers and related business software, database and spreadsheet packages to include AutoCAD, Adobe Photo, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Candidates must have the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and collaborative environment and must be well organized and possess attention detail and accuracy. They are looking for an independent, self-motivated team player who is attracted to a small, collegial working environment.
The Company offers full and excellent benefits.
The successful candidate will be extremely well organized, articulate and very computer savvy.
GREAT COMPANY / EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITY
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.