Assistant Property Manager Residential
A highly regarded NY Residential Real Estate Owner seeks a ‘Assistant Property Manager/Residential’ for a large ‘Garden Style’ Market Rate residential rental property located in Westchester County.
Responsible, under the supervision of the General Manager, for the maintenance of the physical property; directing and controlling all personnel under their supervision; ensuring that the property is maintained at all times in good physical condition; and maximizing the fiscal performance of the property.
- The Assistant Property Manager, through direct supervision of the Maintenance, Porter, Apartment Prep, Grounds department Leads, oversees all maintenance and grounds staff employed at the property.
- Train and be responsible for work performed by all staff members under his/her direction.
- Positively motivate on-site personnel, insuring quality performance and retention of staff. With the approval of the General Manager, hire and fire staff members.
- With the approval of the General Manager, provide guidance and when necessary discipline staff members.
- Perform evaluations of employees in a fair and consistent manner and make recommendations for salary increases and/or advancement.
- Establish schedules and assign personnel for routine maintenance emergency coverage.
- Adhere to all company personnel directives and procedures.
- Adhere to union work rules.
- Promote positive resident relations as well as positive employee relations.
- Maximize occupancy.
- Maintain necessary records of all financial transactions of the property.
- Adhere to all appropriate company accounting directives including, but not limited to:
- Use of account numbers;
- Expense requirements;
- Accounts payable system;
- Other monthly reports.
- Work with Inventory Manager to purchase necessary supplies and tools in accordance with company policy.
- Liaison between the Leasing Manager and the Apartment Prep Lead to ensure:
- All details of move-ins and move-outs are handled in a timely manner
- All vacant apartment are scheduled for refurbishing and occupancy
- Continually inspect vacant apartments, common areas and grounds.
- Ensure that residents are provided with a clean and well-maintained community.
- Work within the established budget and notify the General Manager of any possible variations.
- Work with residents and neighborhood organizations.
- Report accidents and emergency situations to the General Manager immediately and prepare the incident report.
- Assist in preparing Annual Budgets and monthly/quarterly variance reports.
- Reduce excessive operating costs.
- Reduce excessive fuel and utility consumption.
- Review Weekly Rental Reports, Produce Make Ready Reports, Review Unit Availability Activity Report and Review Weekly Service Order Reports.
- Accompany General Manager, CEO Owner Representatives and Owner on inspections.
- Accompany Federal, State and local officials on inspections.
- Meet Federal, State, and local government standards.
- Ensure proper protocol is followed at all times.
- Ensure our quality standards are achieved.
- Walk the property on a weekly basis and report findings to the General Manager
- Supervise outside contractors working on the property, ensuring compliance with contracts and compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Assist the General Manager in the supervision of the contractors completing any renovations at the community.
- Supervise timely completion of unit preparation for occupancy and compliance with standards (goal: 5 days).
- Work with the Apartment Prep Lead to ensure apartment inspections are scheduled when notices to vacate are received and determine the need for any capital upgrades. Coordinate with Purchasing Department and notify General Manager of major expenses.
- Perform final inspection of vacant apartments before move-in.
- Ensure that all maintenance requests are handled on an immediate on-call basis, if possible, and that residents are notified if parts must be ordered causing a delay.
- Ensure occupied apartment inspections are handled on a timely basis
- Continually inspect property and improvements, recording deficiencies and taking the necessary action, within budgetary allocations.
- Adhere to all maintenance and purchasing directives as per company policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Property inspections, building inspections, hot water heater inspections;
- Boiler Room inspections;
- Playground inspections;
- Dam and Brook inspections;
- Maintenance work orders;
- Landscaping and grounds;
- Special maintenance items;
- Purchase order procedure
- Oversee preventative maintenance
- Oversee security and towing
- Oversee snow removal process
- Oversee extermination program
- Ensure emergencies are handled safely and efficiently
- This position reports directly to the General Manager.
- Assist General Manager in reporting and advising owner of building operations, financial matters, resident concerns and policies and procedures.
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications
- Ten years’ experience in residential real estate management.
- Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent, or other advanced college degree.
- Be able to read and understand architectural and engineering drawings.
- Have experience in use of MRI accounting system, Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- General understanding of building systems, including heating/cooling plant operation.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
Excellent Company – Full Benefits
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT email@example.com
Please let us know if you are available on Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.