A leading owner, developer, operator and fund manager of first-class real estate around the world.
Summary of Position:
The Operations Manager supports the General Manager in overseeing all aspects of our 1,900 unit Class A residential rental property in Long Island City including a separate 50,000sf Club amenity space. This individual is responsible for the day to day operations and the organization of administrative functions by providing supportive leadership to the greater Property Management team. The successful candidate will be proficient (read, write & speak) in Mandarin and English.
Hospitality and Resident Relations:
- Put the resident at the forefront of every decision.
- Effectively communicate lease terms and other policies to customers.
- Develop and implement resident appreciation activities in order to heighten resident retention.
- Develop, communicate, and supervise the resident staff in offering exceptional customer service.
- Perform other resident relations duties, as assigned or as necessary.
- Monitor the security of the building and its assets, and to ensure strict adherence of public area standards.
- Resolve Customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of Customer satisfaction and quality.
- Lead Department Head Meetings and Shift briefings. Ensure professional image standards are followed in shift briefings. Communicate positive and negative Customer feedback.
- Ensure the safety and security of employee and guests to deliver a consistently high standard of customer service within the department.
- Curate custom programming to meet Customer needs and increase utilization of the ZO. platform.
- Direct Customer relation programs which should include building events through ZO.
- Work with General Manager to maintain, enhance, and create value for the asset during the investment cycle.
- Be familiar with, and assist the manager with, financial management and performance reporting.
- Manage Customer arrears and collections, true-up applications, and legal notices involving when necessary.
- Review tenant rent statements, invoices, accruals, and work order charges.
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable for the property, focusing on purchasing controls, contracts, and tenant miscellaneous charges.
- Assess the asset for capital improvement and renovations.
- Ensure prompt response to resident maintenance service requests.
- Oversee contract procurement for all vendors and suppliers.
- Actively manage relationships with third-party service providers.
- Adhere to contractual guidelines for managing the asset as prescribed in the management and leasing agreements.
- Determine specific service contract requirements, develop scope of work, solicit bids, evaluate.
- Periodically review performance specifications and pricing for all existing building contracts.
- Coordinate all resident move-ins and move-outs with leasing, accounting and building employees.
- Responsible for managing all customer and building capital and repair and maintenance projects.
- Manage flow of paperwork including, but not limited to: resident files, applications, leases, and personnel records.
- Ensure safety and security of leasing office and common areas.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior experience in a property management capacity.
- 2-5 years of experience ideally from property management.
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Mandarin and English
- Completion of Fair Housing Training.
- Financial experience including costs, budgets, executing contracts, service contracts and arrears.
- Proficient in Yardi.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate.
- Must be knowledgeable of Fair Housing Laws and the ADA requirements as they pertain to residential housing.
Great Company offering Full Benefits and Professional Growth
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.