New York City
Family Office Tax/Accounting Manager
A long‐established leader in the development and management of prime real
estate is seeking a highly motivated, detail‐oriented, self‐starting Senior Accountant to join its
family office accounting team. The ideal candidate will have solid knowledge of accounting
principles and strong analytical skills. Prior experience working for or with a family office, hedge
fund, private equity fund, public accounting firm or administrator is preferred. Candidate should be a certified public accountant or working towards such certification. High proficiency with Excel and Word is expected; familiarity with QuickBooks and Advent/AXYS is preferred. Candidates must be detail‐oriented, self‐motivated, proactive, discreet, and trustworthy. Candidates should have a strong work ethic, demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a team player and independently, and possess the flexibility necessary to engage in all functional and administrative aspects of an accounting role. Candidate should possess 5+ years of prior work experience.
CPA required/parts past.
Strong high net worth individual a plus
• Bookkeeping, recordkeeping, and general ledger maintenance for various investment and
• Maintenance of investment ledgers for alternative assets that track investment details,
cash flows, performance, K‐1 attributes, and tax basis.
• Coordination with external administrator on trade booking and reconciliation.
• Preparation of monthly financial reports.
• Bank reconciliations and cash management.
• Preparation of accounts payable and related documentation.
• Collaboration with tax professionals in preparation of filings for partnerships, individuals,
• Researching accounting issues that arise from investment transactions.
• Identifying areas for process improvements and automation.
• Collaborate with legal, money managers, real estate and senior management.
• Assist in the completion of subscription documents for new investments and account
documents for new brokerage accounts.
• Manage consultant and broker relationships. Liaise with investment and real estate funds
to expedite the timely receipt of K‐1s.
• Interact and correspond concerning the Clients personal expenditures,
investments and cash flow needs.
• Manage Know Your Client banking requests.
• Process capital calls for investments and prepare distributions of funds received from
• Review daily cash activity and coordinate investment of excess cash in bank accounts.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.