Commercial Project Manager
Our Client is a dedicated property services management company that serves commercial properties in gateway cities throughout the United States. With its focus on personalized service, premium amenities, and proactive relationship management, they employ the latest technologies and a concierge-like approach to property management in order to foster an elevated tenant experience across approximately 7 million square feet of real estate in the Greater Boston, New York, San Francisco Bay, South Florida, Southern California, and Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas.
The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing all necessary resources throughout the entirety of the project, from start-up through closeout, for the Owner. This role will oversee consultants, contractors, and vendors. The Project Manager shall ensure that both the Owner’s and company’s expectations and budgetary guidelines are met or exceeded. The Project Manager manages the project through the General Contractor from beginning to end including: budget, costs, schedule, risk management, insurance, general work performance and quality, and overall progress as dictated by the business plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and communicate with contractors, field supervision, subcontractors, and vendors to assist them in working in accordance with the owner project schedule
- Representative of the owner to architects, consultants, government authorities, vendors and subcontractors
- Administer financial aspects of the owner’s contract with contractor
- Build effective working relationships with the project team members
- Review the general contract and contract documents and monitor the budget setup and project milestones
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of the schedule of values and project logs, plan for project safety and mobilization, including review and validation with team members
- Participate and monitor the purchasing process and document control by the Contractor
- Monitor and ensure the buy schedule, write scopes of work, distribute and log subcontracts, write required contract riders and purchase orders, and confirm compliance with project insurance requirements are being followed by the Contractor
- Review contractor references, obtain subcontractor bonds (when required), and maintain project files
- Monitor and ensure all purchase and delivery schedules, change order processes, shop drawings, document control logs for the Architect, Consultants, Contractor and Subcontractor are submitted timely for approval and maintained.
- Understand and participate with the contractor in the trade buyout including: defining scope of work, authoring Exhibit B’s, ensuring scope coverage, understanding the buy and project schedules
- Attend and schedule all management meetings necessary to monitor and manage the project, chairing as be appropriate
- Manage all requisitions and payments including lien releases and maintain best possible cash flow throughout the project, communicating issues proactively
- Ensure the delivery of all necessary manuals for the owner, consolidates project documentation and files
- Insure that contractor produces the subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner training, and punch list process
- Insure delivery of all warranties, as-builts and training for the owner.
- Candidate must possess Company’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work and Professionalism
- Excellent business judgment demonstrated by consistently achieving profitability objectives and strong project close-outs with client and subcontractor relationships in good standing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail evidenced by a strong command of all applicable contract and legal provisions
- Ability to consistently analyze and execute financial trade-offs which frequently involve dealing with incomplete data and ambiguity
- Ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between company business needs and organizational issues
- Possess judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative. Able to quickly study and react to complex issues
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to confidently and decisively take action
- Team leader with excellent diplomatic and communication skills, able to handle and resolve conflicts effectively in a firm but fair manner
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of project management experience within commercial real estate and construction
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT email@example.com
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.