Commercial Property Manager
An Owner Manager of commercial properties in the North East area. They are looking for a Property Manager capable of overseeing multiple properties.
- Provide leadership and direction related to the day-to-day operations for assigned portfolio or property including tenant relations, security, life safety, landscaping, parking, operations & maintenance, capital projects, and financial management. Develop the annual operating and capex budgets and implement the business plan at the property level including formulating and submitting quarterly accruals, budget reforecasts, providing explanations for variances and any required financial reporting.
- Manage and oversee capex projects in assigned properties as required.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with tenants, vendors and the local business community.
- Resolve matters relating to crisis management, injury & illness prevention and maintenance of the region’s business continuity plan.
- Lead the coordination and execution of various regional portfolio initiatives, projects and strategic planning.
- Actively participate in the Collections process by regularly communicating with tenants and the appropriate regional staff, providing support as required.
- Maintain frequent contact with tenants focusing on improving service delivery and client satisfaction.
- Maintain familiarity with all sections of leases related to operating provisions, services/additional services, expenses, tenants use and landlords obligations.
- Review tenant alteration plans prior to commencement of work and confirm all required documentation is obtained.
- Provide additional services to tenants and enhance work order revenue.
- Engage contractors and technical expertise to service the property in accordance with lease requirements and company standards.
- Solicit, negotiate and administer service contracts as required.
- Regularly inspect tenant space, public and mechanical areas and ground areas to ensure property maintenance and cleanliness.
- Regularly tour tenant space construction projects to insure that building systems as well as occupied common areas adjacent to construction area are not negatively impacted.
- Meet regularly with janitorial, maintenance and security contractors to review quality of work and adherence to specifications.
- Effectively manage and mentor management level staff for future growth to increase and enhance their knowledge of commercial property management as well as advocate for their continued training. Routinely assess staff performance and conduct reviews as appropriate.
- Liaise with other departments to drive projects and ensure service levels and operations are maintained.
- Oversee timely execution of our Client’s Loss Control Program and Emergency Response Planning. Ensure employees are trained, drilled and materials are updated periodically.
- Investigate and report all accidents/property damage to appropriate management and authorities.
- Manage property level energy use and conservation efforts.
- Assist our Client’s Leasing Group as required including conducting leasing tours.
- Monitor the status of vendor’s insurance certificate requirements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Company databases and informational/reporting tools.
- Stay abreast of advances in Property Management practices through affiliation with professional organizations, such as BOMA and/or professional development courses/seminars.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Car required
- BA/BS degree required. A concentration in business administration or real estate related field preferred.
- Certification as Real Property Administrator (RPA) and/or Certified Property Manager (CPM) preferred.
- Continuing education toward LEED certification highly desirable.
- Familiarity with ADA and OSHA.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Ability to work independently and also as a productive member of a team.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities, and motivate others to do the same.
- Ability to work in a face paced environment and deal effectively with multiple, simultaneous deadlines and projects.
- Superior written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to respond to a variety of multiple tasks/situations with both creativity and resourcefulness.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with word processing, database and spreadsheet packages to include Word and Excel.
- Flexibility with schedule.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.