New York City
Project Manager Design Professional
A Major American Global Company is looking for a Director of Commercial Real Estate Project Management & Design. There will be limited travel and the position will be based in NYC or CT (whichever works best for the candidate).
This role will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of a range of Commercial Real Estate workplace projects around the world. The role will act as a subject matter expert to define and implement continuous improvement across project management, workplace strategy and design.
Specific responsibilities include
Strategic project coordination
- Assessment of the suitability of the workplace and real estate solutions in place, proposing changes to either reduce cost or improve effectiveness of the solution
- Advising the CRE portfolio managers and business agency management regarding building feasibility analysis, test fits, local project delivery norms and capital requirement estimates
- Maintain and review capital forecasts for all active and planned projects
- Monitoring capital spend across projects ensuring alignment with forecasts
- Continuously improving the workplace delivery toolset such that local teams and vendors understand the approach to workplace design (Design Guidelines)
- Ongoing development of workplace strategy, such that we evolve with learning from each project
- Analyzing past projects to develop and share knowledge regarding our build out cost, vendor effectiveness, key metrics, forecast workload etc. (Benchmarking)
- Developing vendor relationships to bring expertise to the CRE team, deliver leverage to the function and the local operating teams, while holding our vendors to a high standard at market competitive pricing.
Workplace design and delivery
- Provide early input to the development of business cases for new workplace solutions
- Support the local teams in identifying a vendor platform to suit their needs
- Provide internal and external benchmark data to deliver budget estimates early in the development cycle
- Influence local senior leadership to incorporate the workplace strategy and develop designs with the local team to deliver workplace designs that meet the metrics defined by CRE Workplace Strategy
- Direct the completion of budget approval for all capital build outs
- Monitor the progress of design to ensure that budget, quality and timeline expectations are met
- Monitor the progress of construction activity with the local project manager, receiving regular reports on progress and troubleshooting if necessary
- Maintain framework and other pricing agreements with strategic vendors; supporting the local teams in attaining these rates and services
- Steer and guide the delivery process to bring the best practices from other projects to each new workplace delivery project
- Ensure Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicators are deployed to minimize risk and maximize commercial opportunity in line with market best practice
- Develop program oversight including project tracking, risk management, KRIs and KPIs.
- Develop and maintain a database of KRIs and KPIs relating to completed projects
- Maintain accurate information related to workplace portfolio e.g.; seat count, floor plan layouts, meeting room mix, specialist facilities, etc.
- Review IT and AV infrastructure budget requests
- Ensure seamless integration with IT project teams and CRE Operations team
Highly Reputable Company….Full & Excellent Benefits….
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.