New York City
Accounts Payable Accountant
A NYC Owner and operator of commercial properties is looking for an Accounts Payable Accountant with automated Accounts Payable and real estate experience.
Process accounts payable invoices utilizing Avid accounts payable software. Assist in the preparation of excel schedules and other special projects. Provide support for general office administrative matters as needed.
Position Key Tasks:
- Review vendor invoice information (including consistency of coding) for accuracy and make necessary revisions.
- Review invoices and match charges to work orders, packing slips and proposals.
- Review any invoices pending processing and resolve issues that prevent further approvals.
- Scan and track invoices to Avid Invoicing for vendors that have not sent their invoices to Avid directly.
- Obtain and document explanations of any questionable invoice descriptions to assure that the invoice is coded to the appropriate entity and general ledger account.
- Distribute invoices to the proper workflow to start the approval process.
- Reconcile payment applications for ongoing construction projects and obtain supporting lien waivers and/or proof of payment
- Track invoices through the approval process and encourage timely response.
- Mail payments to vendors when necessary.
- Filing of paid invoices and other documentation as needed.
- Maintains filing system process to keep track of files in our storage rooms.
- Answer vendor inquiries and analyze vendor accounts.
- Maintain existing excel schedules and prepare other schedules as needed and work on special projects.
- Assist in the close process including preparing journal entries, account analysis, and other financial schedules.
- Prepare annual form 1099 and 1098 filings for review
- Other Accounting/ Administrative support
- Prepare journal entries as needed and maintain filing.
- Summarize investment income from K-1 and 1099 forms and maintain electronic files.
- Gather fixed asset addition information and invoices throughout the year and review classification
- Reconcile and maintain fixed assets schedule across all properties.
- Occasionally bring certified mailings to post office.
- Provide support for front desk receptionist duties and other administrative matters.
Knowledge and Competencies:
Knowledge: Accounting principles, Accounting Software (Avid and MRI preferred), skilled in Excel with the ability to create complex spreadsheets to track, analyze and audit data.
Competencies: Professionalism, analytical thinker, written and verbal communication, detail oriented, collaborative, drive for results with the ability to exercise good judgment and follow instructions without excessive supervision.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Consistent, timely and accurate payment of all vendors, including the avoidance of duplicative vendor payments.
- Consistent, timely and accurate preparation of utility log excel schedules.
- Availability to work on special projects while keeping up with core job responsibilities.
Preferred: B.S. or Associates degree in Accounting
Required: 2 to 4 years accounts payable experience with real estate industry exposure preferred.
Certifications & Licenses:
Physical Requirements/Environment/Working Conditions:
Requires extended periods of sitting, typing and reviewing information on a computer screen. Additionally, extended periods of standing, bending, stooping and some lifting in connection with filing is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT email@example.com
Please let us know if you are available on Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.