New York, NY
Director of Mechanical Engineering
A highly reputable NYC based Mechanical/Electrical Consulting Engineering Firm for over 40 years is seeking a Director of Mechanical Engineering. The firm has been in the forefront of innovative design while establishing a reputation for design of reliable and energy-efficient systems for health care, institutional and commercial clients.
Responsibilities for this job include:
- Establishes and maintains quality and accuracy standards,
- Works cooperatively with other managers and employees to achieve company’s mission, and clients’ needs
- Plans, develops, coordinates and directs the completion of assigned discipline projects
- Ensures discipline plans are created that meet overall project team requirements for project scope and schedule
- Accountable for assuring that a project plan is developed for each project and thoroughly communicated, understood and utilized by the project lead team
- Serves as technical advisor; applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to all projects assigned
- To include but not limited to
- Chiller plant infrastructure
- Boiler plant infrastructure
- Pumping and Piping systems
- Fan and Distribution systems
- Fuel Oil Systems
- Emergency Generators
- Central Station Air Handling Units as well as Unitary Products
- Control systems
- Construction Administration
- Stays current on codes and technologies, specific client standards.
- Ensures conformance with standards, established design practices, applicable codes, and technical adequacy of design and construction
- Candidate must be competent in all conventional aspects of HVAC engineering and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard Mechanical engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Interface with Energy and Cx Groups
- Knowledge of and experience with high performance and sustainable building practices
- Experience in leading teams of in-house and consultant staff
- Excellent supervisory skills and ability to communicate with and motivate team members
- Must be able to supervise staff on multiple projects, provide assertive management, technical leadership and support to team members, verify that all work is completed as planned and scheduled in compliance with client, and company quality assurance practices.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving problems Strong technical knowledge and ability to serve in the role as a Project Manager responsible for a multi-disciplinary team in the development of comprehensive, coordinated construction documents for small to large diverse and complex projects
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering plus 15 years of relevant work experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Registered Professional Engineer in New York or ability to obtain by reciprocity within 3 months of hire.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT email@example.com
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.