New York City
Director of Residential Operations
The property management department acts as the managing agent for (1) buildings that we own or controls; and (2) individual apartments in other buildings that are part of our “scattered site” supportive housing programs. The property management department is responsible for lease maintenance, rent collection, property financial reports and compliance with government regulations (such as Low Income Housing Tax Credits, HOME, and Housing Trust Fund).
Under the supervision of the Director of Property Management, the Operations Manager manages the maintenance operations for (1) all residential housing, (2) non-housing program offices, and (3) the main office. The Operations Manager ensures that all agency properties are being maintained at their optimal level, and that residents and staff are provided with a clean, safe living/working environment that meets the agency’s objectives. The Operations Manager also ensures that agency properties comply with all building codes, licensures, certifying body physical plant requirements, and agency policies and procedures.
The job responsibilities of all staff extend to understanding and incorporating certain principles into their work and into their relationships with their colleagues. These principles are:
- respectful communication
Essential Job Functions
- Provide clean, safe, compliant living/working environment for residents and staff by:
- Regular scheduled and unscheduled building inspections.
- Regular meetings with on-site Program staff to address issues and concerns.
- Direct supervision of Building Superintendents and other facilities management staff.
- With the Director of Property Management, coordination of daily cleaning and porter services provided by outside contractor(s).
- Frequent monitoring of work order system.
- Implementation of systems, procedures and reporting relating to inspections and other facilities management processes.
- With the Purchasing Manager, oversee bidding, negotiation and contract compliance with outside contractors.
- Monitor and report on compliance with DOB, FDNY, and other applicable regulations.]
- Oversee energy monitoring and reporting activities, including benchmarking (Local Law 84 and 87).
- Perform other tasks and duties as directed by the Director of Property Management.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Understanding, appreciation, and commitment to the philosophy and mission.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- A degree in business management or other related field preferred.
- Five to ten years experience in real estate, residential property management or facility management.
- Previous administrative experience with a minimum of five years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of procedures and policies for residential property / facility management.
- Knowledge of maintenance operations for residential and/or commercial facilities.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and develop maintenance systems.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with peers and executive staff.
- Ability to work effectively with tenants and community representatives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to maintain confidential information, as related to position.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Experience with property management software preferred.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and supervisory skills with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking, a plus.
- Full Benefits.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.