Director of Operations
Highly regarded NY Residential real estate owner seeks a ‘Residential Director of Operations’ for a large 1200 plus units ‘Garden Style’ residential rental property located Westchester County. This is an on-site position reporting directly to the CEO and President.
Candidates must have experience working with all facets of residential management including operations, leasing, legal, budgeting, and large scale capital improvement projects. We are looking for a proactive, creative thinker with strong communication skills.
- Oversee the building operations, physical Plant and building systems maintenance, and operating contractors.
- Direct in-house staff including leasing manager to develop marketing strategies to maintain high rates of occupancy
- Supervise major capital improvement projects
- Id contractors for bids
- Run bid process and award bids
- Coordinate construction trades and monitor schedules
- Provide on-site construction management services for owners
- Troubleshoot issues with properties out side the main project
- Oversee performance by outside contractors; enforce compliance with contracts; ensure compliance with governmental rules and regulations
- Assist with quarterly variance reviews
- Foster positive community relations
- Supervise staff, including management, leasing, technical, maintenance, and administrative employees
- Generate positive work environment insuring quality performance and retention of staff
- Report to and advise owner on operations, financial matters, resident concerns, policies and procedures.
- Recognize market, operational and management problems and develop appropriate solutions
- General understanding of building systems, including heating plant operation.
- Ability to prepare budgets, analyze financial statements, and understand accounting issues as they relate to property operations and reporting requirements.
- Ability to manage staff, delegate specific tasks, and evaluate employee performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to work with union and non-union employees
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with MRI, Excel and Word
Education & Experience:
- Ten years experience in residential real estate management
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience
Great Company!!! Excellent Benefits
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.