Sr. Construction Manager
Our Client, a Developer, Owner and Manager of Class ‘A’ Office Buildings in New York City, is looking for a ‘Sr. Construction Manager’. Qualified candidates will have experience working in a commercial real estate environment and be familiar with the operation of a sophisticated commercial real estate company. In depth New York City Steel & Glass experience is a ‘must’.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Be ultimately responsible for the successful completion of all projects during their construction period from pre-construction through completion
- Oversee all external construction activities
- Hire, manage, supervise all internal construction personnel including project managers and superintendents
- Oversee all construction related buy-outs and procurement including standardization of trade scope development
- Establish and maintain sub-contractor pool including contractual relationships
- Deep rooted knowledge of the NYC commercial construction industry
- High profile individual with extensive industry and sub-contractor relationships in Manhattan
- Hands on commercial construction professional with in depth technical knowledge
- Must have extensive experience with all facets of construction projects – bid, buy out, scheduling, daily management, and close out.
- Ability to manage a large internal staff as well as external vendors.
- Must understand development and construction from the owner’s perspective in addition to that of the builder.
- Full understanding of building systems/operations including architectural, structural, envelope, MEP FP
- Negotiate consultant/contractor contracts and potential change orders
- Able to review base building and tenant drawings
- Able to provide complete development budgets, soft and hard costs
- Prepare RFP’s/scopes for consultant and sub-contractor bidding
- In depth knowledge of NYC approval process including DOB, LPC, MTA, DOT, etc.
- In depth knowledge of local codes
- Strong knowledge of NYC and Osha worker and site safety requirements
- Must have strong problem solving skills
- Experience in all types of commercial construction – office buildings, retail, new construction and gut rehab
- Experience in ICIP/ICAP projects
- Development of internal and external progress reports
- Ability to keep projects on schedule and budget
- Proficiency with computers and related business software, database and spreadsheet packages to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Timberline.
- Strong knowledge of construction accounting
- Strong communications and organizational skills. Ability to facilitate presentations and communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently without significant oversight
- Ability to organize, set priorities and motivate others
- General understanding of financial models and using database information as an efficient management tool
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a variety of multiple tasks/situations with both creativity and resourcefulness
Specific experience required to successfully fill this role include:
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management and/or Architecture
- 15 plus years’ experience with NYC commercial construction
- Experience in managing internal teams and external vendors
- Substantial list of successfully completed commercial projects of varying types within Manhattan
Compensation will include the following:
- Base Salary: Commensurate with experience and abilities
- Incentive Performance bonus PLUS ‘buy out profits’ bonus
Candidates must have the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and collaborative environment and must be well organized and possess attention detail and accuracy. They are looking for an independent, self-motivated team player who is attracted to a small, collegial working environment. Personality and attitude will play an important role in the selection of the successful candidate.
The Company offers full and excellent benefits.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT email@example.com
Please let us know if you are available on Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.