Assistant Commercial Property Manager
Our Client is a preeminent property company which owns and manages an extensive portfolio of real property concentrated in metropolitan New York and New Jersey. Although they focus on the residential and office sectors, the Company also maintains significant hotel and retail assets. Together with their affiliates, they have developed and built the majority of their own portfolio to become one of the world’s leading property firms, leveraging their internal development and construction management capabilities.
Property Responsibilities – Technical Maintenance and Operations
- Assist Property Manager in daily building operations (i.e. maintenance, risk management, tenant relations, etc.).
- Regularly inspect the grounds, premises, back of house/common area, mechanical and core rooms to confirm things are being maintained in an OSHA safe/compliant manner. Engage appropriate vendors to address corrective items.
- Develop procedures for critical infrastructure; perform walkthroughs to identify required maintenance items in building systems (electrical, plumbing, elevator, BMS, HVAC systems,pumps, fans, motors, compressors, general cleanliness/orderliness of spaces.
- Schedule and track preventive maintenance and service contract work, OT hours, workspeed requests. All required OT to be approved in advance.
- Audit contracted vendor performance against workscopes (Janitorial, Security/concierge, Elevator) and provide evaluations.
- Manage, review and approve building staff payroll.
- Engage consultants for scope documents that are required to bid out building projects; Work with procurement to issue RFPs, receive and level bids, award contracts and POs.
- Coordinate all base building capital improvements and major projects.
- Follow all emergency procedures and keep call trees up to date.
- Assess on-site system conditions that are reported or may arise and take immediate action for emergencies and repairs (contact vendors, issue POs, manage work).
- Ensure that all workspeed and Tenant requested sundry requests are being billed appropriately through Accounting to Tenants.
- Prepare reports, tools and documentation to track management objectives for operating, cash flow requirements. Analyze financial statements and explain variances from budget.
- Prepare Purchase Order requisitions, create deliveries and pay invoices through YARDI.
- Review all Tenant submissions for Work.
- Issue all POs for Tenant work PEER Reviews.
- Ensure TI Improvement POs are issued when new leases are executed.
- Prepare all Landlord comments for Tenant work reviews.
- Coordinate Tenant requests for repairs & maintenance.
- Participate in Tenant Relations efforts and record/track activity in YARDI.
- Update and maintain all tracking documents based upon lease obligations, entitlements and allowances.
- Review all Tenant TI release packages and get Property Manager’s approval.
- Properly close all Tenant construction and record all As-builts in YARDI.
- Prepare and update all tracking documents based upon leases that are new or amended for energy and condenser water entitlements/allowances.
- Ensure all Tenant and vendor certificates of insurance are current, valid, have the proper coverage. and are properly uploaded into YARDI.
- Pay and track all systems fees, inspection fees.
- Schedule and track all periodic testing and store results in YARDI (C of O, elevator compliance, fire life safety compliance, water treatment, etc).
- Maintain accurate property records; update building operations manuals monthly.
▪ 3 – 5 years experience as an assistant building manager in a class A commercial office building
▪ Bachelor’s Degree and RPA is required, Mechanical degree and experience a plus
▪ Proficient computer skills (excel, word, PowerPoint, Microsoft project a plus.)
▪ Familiarity with Workspeed and Yardi a plus
▪ Ability to work independently & efficiently, with sound judgment and the utmost discretion
▪ Excellent time management & organizational skills with attention to detail
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT email@example.com
Please let us know if you are available on Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.