Assistant Property Manager
Our Client is one of the leading owners, developers, operators, and managers of first-class real estate in the world, having managed a portfolio of assets since its inception of over 123 million square feet across the United States, Europe, Latin America and Asia. They are looking for an Assistant Property Manger.
- Work closely with the property manager to maintain, enhance, and create value for the asset during the investment cycle.
- Actively manage the relationships with vendor community and tenants, and management as necessary to ensure the assets achieve maximum value.
- Work closely with third-party service providers to ensure that assets are managed to yield optimal returns.
- Be familiar with and assist the property manager with reporting on performance, budget variances, tenant arrears, tenant retention efforts, significant changes in the market and property conditions in general.
- Assist with the process of preparing property business plans, operating and capital budgets and updating or re-forecasting same as necessary.
- Assist with analysis and monitoring of capital improvement and renovation programs, as required, for property maintenance, competitive positioning, or market repositioning.
- Follow contractual guidelines for managing the asset as prescribed in the management and leasing agreements.
- Assist with building operations and manage staff.
- Determine specific service contract requirements, develop scope of work, solicit bids, evaluate proposals and monitor contract performance for all service vendors.
- Periodically review performance specifications and pricing for all existing building contracts.
- Oversee nightly and weekend access memo reports to control all work in building.
- Assist with coordination of capital and building projects with appropriate staff and vendors.
- Manage day to day problem-solving and deal with building issues as they arise.
- Evaluate current operations and implement necessary changes
- Work with leasing on any necessary items.
- Work with building staff on updating and streamlining policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining tenant relations and ensuring tenant satisfaction.
- Day to day contact, issue resolution, and general dealing with tenant representatives.
- Oversee and plan tenant relations program, including individual and building-wide events.
- Work to create and regularly update tenant handbook, design criteria and emergency procedures.
- Work to create necessary forms and systems for additional tenant services and work order billing.
- Coordinate all tenant move-ins and move-outs with building staff, tenants and vendors.
- Assist with review of plans and coordinate tenant improvement projects according to SOPs and building standards.
- Draft correspondence to tenants regarding building issues and events.
- Assist with financial management for property.
- Budget research and preparation in coordination with building staff and accounting.
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable for the property, focusing on purchasing controls, contracts, approving bills, reviewing tenant miscellaneous charges and monthly accruals.
- Oversee tenant collection efforts, update reports in MRI.
- Research significant monthly variances, and prepare necessary reports.
- Assist in the quarterly reforecast and detailed variance reporting.
- Assist PM in monthly reporting, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 – 5 years’ of work experience
- Construction experience preferred
- Prior experience in a property management capacity
- Financial experience, including costs, budgets, executing contracts, service contracts, arrears.
- Knowledge of the budgetary process as it relates to operating and capital expenditure budgets.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.